Educating Young Minds

Educating Young Minds

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

What makes a good teacher?

Well, honestly what makes a good teacher?

A good teacher is some one who is compassionate, patient, organized and enthusiastic. These qualities are just some of the many to be a good teacher. I think a lot of it has to do with the enthusiasm in the classroom. To be a good teacher the children must want to learn. They want to have fun and in order to do that you can not be dull by any means. In my experience the more excited you are about teaching a subject the more excited the students are. The students can sense when you do not feel like teaching or are having an off day, in teaching you must learn to fake a smile. If you are not compassionate then you simply should not be a teacher. If you can not take the time to care and get to know your children than how can you help them succeed to their fullest ability. Being organized is a must. A good teacher is always prepared for her lesson and never looses anything. Nothing is worst than when you stay up til 3 AM doing a paper and the teacher looses it! :( Being organized is a great life skill and can be used in many different aspects of the classroom.

http://www.greatschools.org/improvement/quality-teaching/79-what-makes-a-great-teacher.gs

This made me think what makes me a good preschool teacher? Since I am already certified through EEC as a preschool teacher I thought it was time to evaluate myself although I am not in an Elementary setting yet. I thought to myself what do I do on a daily basis that makes me a good teacher? For that matter am I a good teacher at all? After reading this website I seem to have matched some of the qualities that are necessary to be a good teacher. Such as, teachers must have a good relationship with the parents. Some teachers are nervous about presenting information to parents good or bad, I am very comfortable with this. I am also very compassionate and try to understand the reasoning for the way the child is acting that day. Since they too are humans and have bad days. Another thing I got from this website was being organized. I have almost an obsession with being organized and prepared. I am a very enthusiastic person and enjoy having fun with my children. When they are dancing in my classroom I am right there dancing with them too, if they are painting I am painting. I love being with my kids and helping them, so this brings me to a thought, maybe I am a good teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment