Educating Young Minds

Educating Young Minds

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What will my philosophy be?

After taking the survey I tallied my scores. I scored a 22 in Humanism and this was much higher than the rest. I overall think this was pretty accurate survey since I tend to want my students to be the best they can be. That is my overall goal as a preschool teacher is to inspire my children to be the best they physically can be. I want them to achieve all that they can at a young age and never stop. I am the foundation to the rest of their education career and they need to know from a young age they are going places and will make it.
I knew I would have a lot of traits in Humanism but I was not expected my score in this category to blow this rest out of the water. I am glad that I have a lot of this philosophy in my pedagogy because people believing in their own destiny is very important to me. I believe every student has the potential in them to succeed regardless the age and grade level.
I believe that this survey  is great tool when touching on your teaching philosophies but I believe there are many more aspects to this than 40 questions. Your philosophy is always changing and you are always incorporating new things so this is an accurate tool for the moment.
I believe that getting Humanism as a result is definitely down my alley and says a lot about how I am going to teach in the future. I want my children to be the best they can be and will do anything to support them. Being able to make sure my children succeed is a very important goal of mine and showing the children not to give up and push for they want will carry a life long lesson with them. I believe there is unlimited amount of potential for growth and it will never stop happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment